Faith is not what you demonstrate to get what you want--it is what you demonstrate no matter what you get.

“Stand as a Witness,” The Biography of Ardeth Green Kapp by Anita Thompson

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Nicholas Quotes Archive

I'm just putting all of Nicholas' quotes in a post from the side. I'm doing it just in case I transfer all of this blog to some kind of book.

Mom: "Guess who's birthday is tomorrow?" Nicholas: "I don't know. Emilie?" Mom: "No, daddy (pointing at daddy). What do you think we should do for his birthday?" Nicholas: "Um, let me sit here and think about it for a second."


"I have everything planned out!"


"Hallelujah, it's just us now!" (Talking about the other kids leaving the park. I promise, Nicholas is friendly.)


Nicholas: "Mom, I don't like getting my hair cut. (while getting his hair cut)" Mom: "Well, why not?" Nicholas: "It's disturbing." I asked him why it was disturbing and he said because he doesn't like how it feels on his head.


"Sometimes big kids don't understand little kids." (He said this while we were having a discussion about how little kids and big kids play differently and have different ideas on how to play)

"Is that Emilie's? The one in our family." (He knows I get my hair cut by my friend Emily)

Shay and Nicholas were playing one of Nicholas' made up games yesterday (4/26/08) and Nicholas said to Shay, "You're not understanding this game, maybe we should play something easier."


"Dad, when we get home I want to show you one of my beautiful flips on the couch."

"No, but I'm the head of the house too." (Said after we informed Nicholas that Dad was the one who picks people to say prayers because he's the head of the house)


"I need a drink, my tummy's dry."

"Kerstin, this room is a disaster."


"Mom, I just realized something."


"That's not what I was expecting."

"Mom where are those famous, famous markers I had? I had them here for a reason."


"Mom I only laugh when I have laughs in me."


"Dad, what are we going to do after that...'cause I don't want to go to bed. That's not really one of my ideas I was planning."


"Maybe we should put it back together by gluing it--brilliant."


"Mom, I think we need to change her diaper, it smells like liquid or something."


Almost every time we're in the car Nicholas says to us, "I'm hot and I'm going to throw up (except he says, fro up)." How he has put those two things together we have no idea.


Talking about a song he heard on Scooby Doo, "I like that song because it has a good rhythm." Nicholas is ALWAYS paying attention to music. When we're watching something he always asks why the music is going slow or fast. I think he will some day be involved in something musical.


"I'm not the kid I used to be."


"When I go on a mission, I'm going to have to teach people about that."

"I'm hungry, hungry and I want to grow."

"That's so serious, I can't believe my arms!"

"Mom, you're inbading my space!"

0 comments: