Faith is not what you demonstrate to get what you want--it is what you demonstrate no matter what you get.

“Stand as a Witness,” The Biography of Ardeth Green Kapp by Anita Thompson

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Double Stroller

We walked to the grocery store this afternoon to just get a couple of items. On the way home Nicholas' foot was hurting because it had a sore on the back and his shoe was rubbing it. Since I didn't have my first aid kit with me...I had to come up with another genius idea to get two kids home. Since there was no walking for Nicholas. I was going to push him in the stroller while holding Emilie. That proved to be almost impossible. Holding a wiggly one year old while trying to push 35 pounds in a stroller was not going to happen. So my little umbrella stroller became a double stroller. It worked out perfectly. Emilie even enjoyed the ride. All she could see was the back of the stroller, but she looked to the side and it worked. I chuckled the whole way home since the max for the basket is supposed to be 10 lbs. Twenty isn't over that is it? On our way home we stopped to get the mail. I usually throw it in the basket and when I went to do that I couldn't so Nicholas got to hold it on his lap. I'm now afraid that Nicholas will want this to happen every time. His response was "Wow, this is totally awesome. My foot is feeling better."

7 comments:

Angela said...

That's so cute and funny! Way to get creative ;)
I think it's so fun to catch these small, fun moments!

The Picketts said...

It's amazing how us moms can come up with the most ingenious ideas when we're in a pinch! Good thinking! (And very cute picture!)

Megan B ♥ said...

We've had to do that a time or two (with Kinley in the basket, since she is the lighter and more flexible child, go figure, LOL!)

http://bp1.blogger.com/_843dAQu3e9k/Rx9k4Y6vRwI/AAAAAAAABXw/z5hn_3-BG8s/s1600-h/parade7.JPG

I always feel so creative when we do it :)

Katy said...

Very clever! I love this! As a mom you really learn to think on your feet!

Marci Ward said...

Andrew always wants to ride in the basket part on ours...I wonder if as I am walking down the street people are thinking that I am a bad mom making my kid ride in the basket...did you get any funny looks? Ya gotta do what ya gotta do!

Michelle said...

Even better in print. So cute!

Henderson Family said...

Your blog is really cute. I'm glad I found it so that we can get to know your family better. I love the quotes from Nicholas. They are hilarious!!! We are excited to be your neighbors.