Faith is not what you demonstrate to get what you want--it is what you demonstrate no matter what you get.

“Stand as a Witness,” The Biography of Ardeth Green Kapp by Anita Thompson

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Kite Festival

This past weekend the kids and I went with my sister Julianna to the kite festival down in Spanish Fork. The day was set aside as wind power day and was in celebration of the new windmills at the mouth of Spanish Fork Canyon.

I first saw these a couple weeks ago when we were on our way to Colorado. I think I could go sit and watch these. They are very mesmerizing and they are huge. This picture doesn't show their magnitude. They are much more fun to see closer up.This is all you could see of the windmills from the festival. Thought that was kind of funny since we were celebrating them being there.
We saw some of the kites that were on the reservoir. There were two guys on a jet ski: one driving and the other sitting backwards controlling the kite. They were very soothing to watch. We saw a couple of other kites down on the other field, but were too far away for pictures.
There was a playground by the reservoir and the kids loved it. Julianna was having fun playing with them and going down the slide with Emilie.
There are a lot of pictures, but I couldn't leave any of them out. I think they are all too cute to keep to myself. I just have to note that these little pants she is wearing are 0-3 months. They still fit her...a little short, but for girls that would be considered capri's, so we're good. Silly girl. She is getting to be very playful.
These next two are my new favorite pictures of Emilie. I LOVE them!!
And I love this cute little smile from Nicholas.
Julianna bought Nicholas and Emilie some hot dogs and I just handed Emilie her's. She wasn't sure what to do with it. She is used to it being cut up into pieces for her.
And I had to include this. This was when we got home. She apparently wanted to get her own water out of the fridge.
We had a great time at the kite festival. Thanks Julianna for taking us with you.

2 comments:

daisy deb said...

love the pics. looks like you had fun!

Julianna said...

Kim - you've been having a lot of fun posting lately! This was a great trip! We'll have to make it a tradition!