Faith is not what you demonstrate to get what you want--it is what you demonstrate no matter what you get.

“Stand as a Witness,” The Biography of Ardeth Green Kapp by Anita Thompson

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Trip to Colorado, Part 1

This is only the beginning of pictures from our trip to Colorado. There are just so many cute pictures, it's hard not to share them. So we'll do them in installments.

Magically, we got all 3 kids to take naps in the car. Emilie went first, then Nicholas and then William gave up the fight. Aunt Kim started to rub his little leg and he had to give in. This picture also kind of shows how we had them packed in like sardines.
Emilie was the first of the 3 to wake up and as you can see, the nap did her some good. She was full of smiles when she opened her eyes...good thing I had the camera handy.
On Sunday after church the boys found themselves playing Twister. We added a few body parts such as the elbow.
Papa even got in on the fun.
And we added the head.
It adds so much when you throw your leg up in the air. Emilie was even in on the fun.
When Grandma was in town last time she introduced us to her homemade fresh strawberry lemonade. When Nicholas found out we were going to Colorado, he called Grandma to request that we make it there. So he and William got to help with the making of it.
Monday morning we went to the park down at the end of Grandma and Papa's street. Emilie was sleeping and stayed back with Grandma. So it was mom's and the boy's.
Yes, Nicholas is in the handicap swing.
I think when I was taking this picture, Nicholas apologized to me that he couldn't have his picture taken, he had places to go.
They had to try out the "zip line." Not very exciting if you ask me...the one that was there when I was little was so much better, but it was a lot more dangerous too. Would not pass safety standards of today. But the boys loved it anyway.
There is a little "crick" (as Papa would call it) that runs by the park. Here is Nicholas headed down to check it out.
Kerstin and William
Some cute pictures of the boys checking out the water. Shadows
A damselfly. It looks like a dragonfly, but it is not. Nicholas has a book about colors (Icky Bug Colors) that distinguishes between the two. Damselflies fold their wings back when they are resting and dragonflies do not.
Hiking up the hill.
We took the trail back home. Nicholas is in the lead. They were going to race.
Now William is in the lead. I think Nicholas wanted to run with William or we wanted them to hold hands for a picture or something, but William took off.
And he was unstoppable, he was full on running down the trail.
Kerstin had to take off after him before he got to the other bridge and close to the water again.
And that ends the first installment. There are so many more to come. Hope you're not bored yet. I know the Grandma's won't be.

4 comments:

Megan B ♥ said...

Never too many pictures, all so cute! And I love that you know the difference between a damselfly and a dragonfly, LOL! (I'm craving some homemade strawberry lemonade right now...) I agree, we need to get together soon! I'm feeling much more human these days! As is probably obvious, LOL :)

Tess said...

Never bored. I want something new everyday. Keep it up!!

Shannon & Ryan said...

Love them all. Keep 'em coming. I love little Em's wake-up smile! And I love Nicholas' busy-ness--no time for pictures, mom. And William's race legs; they are all so dang cute!

Julianna said...

Wish I could have gone along - you have way too much fun with those kiddos! It was great going kite flying the other day - way to live it up :)