Faith is not what you demonstrate to get what you want--it is what you demonstrate no matter what you get.

“Stand as a Witness,” The Biography of Ardeth Green Kapp by Anita Thompson

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Fall Fun

As I said in the end of my Halloween post, we spent the night on Halloween at Shay's parents home since they were out of town. Before we left on Saturday, Shay mowed their lawn and the kids had a great time playing in their yard and jumping in a pile of leaves. Emilie got to get on the riding lawn mower with dad, but didn't like it so much. My kids aren't much for being on the noisy lawn mower.

Emilie enjoyed walking around looking at all the fun things that Grandma and Grandpa have in their yard. Look at that tree she is walking towards, I LOVE the colors!! Can't wait till the trees in the back of their yard start turning, I love them. When we lived up there I would sit and look out my back window and just stare at how beautiful they are when they are changing colors. I will try and get a picture of them.
Nicholas was helping to rake some leaves, but he had to come over and see what Emilie was checking out.
Emilie doing a little dance on the patio.
This was a historic day. Nicholas has never wanted to get on the riding lawn mower. Grandpa has tried several times and Nicholas just would not have it. He didn't really want to get on with dad either, but Shay turned off the actual mower part which is the noisy part and Nicholas rode for just a minute, then he wanted off and nothing to do with it. I of course had to get pictures to document the event.
This picture is blurry, but I just think her face is funny.
Nicholas has been waiting to be able to jump in some leaves, so we raked up a pile and he was was in heaven.
Emilie wasn't such a fan. Here she is crawling out right after I plopped her in to be with Nicholas.
She liked them in smaller portions.
And just a cute picture.

3 comments:

Megan B ♥ said...

Very very cute. And historic also because HOW NICE is it to be able to mow the lawn on Halloween in your SHORTS??? What weather is this? I'm not complaining though!

Henderson Family said...

I really want to find a good pile of leaves for us to jump in. Katie Marie really needs to have that experience and can you believe it, my husband has never jumped in a pile of leaves either.

Diane said...

Nicholas and Emilie are growing up right before our eyes. Keep the photos coming. They're as cute as ever, whether they be a chicken and bunny, playing in the leaves, or just being their amazing little selves.