Last Friday we had our little William cousin over to play with us (while my sister was in Cabo, not fair). And we had a fun day. I had seen some fun ideas for crafts on some blogs/websites and I decided to try them out. And now I am sharing so that others can have fun too!
The first was from this website here. We read the book "It Looked Like Spilt Milk" first. Then we pulled up the blinds and the boys and Emilie stood looking out the window at the few clouds that were in the sky trying to make shapes out of them. I loved doing this as a child so it was fun to explore with these little ones again. And then we did the art projects to go along with it. The boys both really loved doing the third one where you fold the paper in half and then put the paint in and squish it around. I think they both did about 4 or 5 of those. I didn't get any pictures of them doing this because I had Emilie wanting to do the paint too and it was a bit hectic trying to man all three kids and a camera. So you'll just have to trust me, it was fun!
A little while later we sat down to do another project. This time it was going to be watercolor initials. I saw this project on this blog. The boys had fun doing this one too. (instead of using contact paper I used blue painters tape to make the letters, it worked wonderfully) Emilie even enjoyed painting with the watercolors too, when she could sneak some from the boys.

If you try any of these, we hope you have as much fun as we did!

4 comments:
Thanks! I love both of these ideas and I will try BOTH of them!
That looks like fun. I'll have to try that with Katie Marie sometime.
What a great mom you are..and aunt. You are making the rest of us look bad:) I really liked the watercolor with the letter of their names. I am going to try that for sure! Thanks for sharing your great ideas.
My favorite craft to do when I was little: we had a big box of old crayons and a pencil sharpener. You sharpen the crayons and keep all the shavings. Then you put it in between two pieces of wax paper. My mom ironed it to make the wax melt, and it always looked so cool! We would cut them into heart shapes and give them to my dad to put up in his office.
Post a Comment