Faith is not what you demonstrate to get what you want--it is what you demonstrate no matter what you get.

“Stand as a Witness,” The Biography of Ardeth Green Kapp by Anita Thompson

Sunday, February 22, 2009

News Flash

Nicholas informed us tonight that when he grows up he wants to be a scientist.

What kind of scientist we asked: "The kind that makes potions."

Then while I was laying down by him tonight he told me, "Mom, after I eat breakfast and get dressed in the morning, I'm going to have to do something. Do you know what that something is?" Me: "No, what?" Nicholas: "I'm going to have to get out my colored pencils and start practicing to be a scientist." (Not sure what colored pencils and scientists have in common, but I guess I'll find out in the morning)

The reason this all came up is because in his primary class today he answered some questions to be spotlighted in the future in primary. Since I was just in the presidency, until a couple of weeks ago (now I am the Nursery Leader), I knew what some of the other questions were on the questionnaire. What I wanted to know was what his least favorite food is. His answer: the white kind of macaroni and cheese. That would be the homemade kind, the more delicious kind. But he prefers the 'real' kind that comes out of the box.

And if you took the picture up at the top in the wrong way, no I am not announcing that we are pregnant. The baby bathtub was still in the closet from when Emilie used it and we need to take it to storage. Nicholas just thought he would give it a try. He is a little bit bigger in it than he used to be.

Here he is as a 2 month old in the tub. I'd say he's grown a bit.

9 comments:

The Picketts said...

I love that you share these little moments! Kids are just so much fun!

The Picketts said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Diane said...

Nicholas, you need a bathtub for longer legs. I guess you'll have to splash, bathe and swim somewhere else.

Kira said...

A scientist, huh? Where did he come up with that occupation? What a smart boy. I think it is cute that you are already asking him questions about the future, and it looks like he has actually put some thought into it.

Henderson Family said...

I think Nicholas would make a great scientist!!!

Shannon said...

I can see Nicholas as a scientist. It's those beautiful, curious brown eyes. Is there ever a dull moment at your house, or do your sides consistently hurt from chuckling at the cute things those two littles do all day? I bet you have some killer ab muscles ;)

Kalli said...

Haha! When we were moving I took out Mackay's old baby bathtub and she, too, insisted on sitting in it. They grow up so fast! (Yet sometimes the days seem to go by so slow...)

daisy deb said...

Cute! Love the shaving cream pix..what a good idea!

Megan B ♥ said...

With those eyes, I could have picked out Dr. Nicholas out of a line up! He fills up the blue bathtub just a little more than Crew does right now :) Nicholas at least looks SAFE!