Nicholas' new vocab of the morning: lasterday which equals yesterday.
My new vocabulary (though it doesn't describe me today,
but might soon if spring doesn't come soon):
but might soon if spring doesn't come soon):
Lugubrious (adj): mournful, dismal, or gloomy, esp. in an affected, exaggerated, or unrelieved manner.
Shay and I were watching a documentary on the History channel last night called Stealing Lincoln's Body. One of the commentator's used this word and neither of us had heard it before. We thought it was a fun kind of word so I had to find out what it meant. I'll have to find a use for that. Although I'm hoping not to at the same time. I'll have to go back and see how it was used again on the show. I can't remember if it was relating to his wife or the nation after he passed away.
Shay and I were watching a documentary on the History channel last night called Stealing Lincoln's Body. One of the commentator's used this word and neither of us had heard it before. We thought it was a fun kind of word so I had to find out what it meant. I'll have to find a use for that. Although I'm hoping not to at the same time. I'll have to go back and see how it was used again on the show. I can't remember if it was relating to his wife or the nation after he passed away.

4 comments:
i love the cute made up words. colson always used to say yestermorning, or yesteryear, or yesternight, or yestersummer. now he just says yesterday for ANYTHING that took place before today.
If you have seen the Disney movie Hercules, you have heard the word, 'lugubrious.'
Ha ha, I only know that word because Bill O'Reilly says it probably twice a week at the end of his show. "Send us your emails and don't be lugubrious!"
Wow, what a mouthful. I've never heard lugubrious before and I'll probably forget it too soon to use it. :)
Post a Comment