Faith is not what you demonstrate to get what you want--it is what you demonstrate no matter what you get.

“Stand as a Witness,” The Biography of Ardeth Green Kapp by Anita Thompson

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Fun or Not So Fun?

So, one Monday night in March after Family Home Evening the kids thought that this would be a fun activity (watch video). (Had I realized what was going to happen, I don't think I would have encourage them to keep doing it. They were having a great time.)


Nicholas soon realized that it was not so fun. He got rug burn right under his hairline. Emilie escaped it because she has hair that hangs down on her forehead.

Here is Nicholas saying, "It hurts, it hurts, it hurts." (Don't mind Shay's smile, it wasn't not really a funny situation, the way Nicholas was acting, however, was hilarious. Are we mean parents? are there times that your children are reacting when they are hurt and it is just funny?)
You can barely see it, but it is there.
Few days later you could really see it. He still has a mark from it that we should probably put some Vitamin E oil on or something. But all in all, he survived.

3 comments:

Megan B ♥ said...

Oooh! Owie, owie, owie! Never seen an injury QUITE like that :)

Henderson Family said...

I laugh at my kids owies all the time (even Belinda's when she was pulling her own hair and didn't know how to let go and didn't realize she was hurting herself). I must be a mean parent too. But it doesn't stop Katie Marie from coming to me for consolation.

That rug burn on Nicholas' face sure does look worse the next day. Wow!!!

Carolyn said...

I love the look he is giving you in the 2nd to last pic. Your post gave me the laugh of the day. =)