Faith is not what you demonstrate to get what you want--it is what you demonstrate no matter what you get.

“Stand as a Witness,” The Biography of Ardeth Green Kapp by Anita Thompson

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Tender Heart

I have to type a cute story on here of our little tenderhearted Nicholas. Today we had walked over to the grocery store to get a few items before dinner. When we returned, Shay and I had walked into the house while the kids lingered behind just a bit. As is her custom, Emilie decided to turn and book it the other way. Nicholas is always quick to let us know that Emilie is running away and we need to get her. Well today, we didn't respond as quickly as he thought we should of and he watched as his sister ran down the sidewalk. By the time Shay got out there to catch her (which was really only 2-3 seconds), Nicholas was in hysterics that Emilie was running away. He was crying and really upset that she was running down the sidewalk. We are so grateful for this little tenderhearted little boy that we have in our family. He truly watches out for his sister and I know he will for their whole lives.

One more that is cute about him while I am typing. Last week I went to Colorado with my sister Kerstin (more pictures to come soon). On our way back home we stopped in Grand Junction and ate at the Wendy's (a landmark for many years in my family). We had just ordered our food and were sitting down. Nicholas knew that I had to get a high chair for Emilie and without me asking him to went over to get it for her. On his way over he said, "I've got your chair Em." He melted the hearts of the people at the table that he passed on his way and he surely melted his mothers as well.

3 comments:

Henderson Family said...

What a sweet kid!!! I love how attentive he is to Emilie. It's so nice that he always wants to include her in everything that he does.

Jenn said...

That Wendy's was a frequented landmark for my family as well. And I swear that every time we stopped there, we ran into someone else we knew that was passing through as well.

Katy said...

What a sweet boy! Those are some examples of why I thought it would be fun to have a boy first...big brothers can be so awesome!