Faith is not what you demonstrate to get what you want--it is what you demonstrate no matter what you get.

“Stand as a Witness,” The Biography of Ardeth Green Kapp by Anita Thompson

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Zoo Pals

Tonight Emilie went to bed with a stack of these...

Zoo Pals Plates
(I collected a bunch of them before I was married with my sister
and now my kids use them as a matching game since we have multiples of each one.)


A few times since she has gone to bed, she has cried out, but stopped so I didn't go in to check on her. She just cried out a few minutes ago so I went to check on her and of course she was crying, she was laying all over plates. I removed them from her bed and she looked much more cozy afterward.

The silly things they want to take to bed with them. And we (I) let them to make them happy (especially after the battle it was to get Em to go to bed tonight).

4 comments:

Kira said...

Funny! Dawson always wants to take the smallest little lego to bed. Then in the middle of the night he cries out because he can't find it. Very funny what kids get attached to.

Megan B ♥ said...

LOL! Tanner used to sleep with a hilarious assortment of items, including a pair of sunglasses...

Henderson Family said...

Oh yes the things kids have to take to bed with them. I remember when Katie Marie had to have her green blankie and her pink blankie and her giraffe and ducky and penguin and cody the bear and her little ducky and her water and music. It started become quite the process to get her ready for bed. Randy finally came up with a rule that she couldn't take it all to bed with her. She could choose a blankie and a stuffed animal. But is sure was funny there for a while.

Shannon said...

I love those plates; they are adorable. I can totally see them as a cuddly bed-time pal, right? ;)

How did you do your button for Kerstin's website? I think that is a great thing.

Hope all is well. We'll have to plan our phone call soon, it's been a while. I promise, I won't hold you hostage on the phone this time!