Faith is not what you demonstrate to get what you want--it is what you demonstrate no matter what you get.

“Stand as a Witness,” The Biography of Ardeth Green Kapp by Anita Thompson

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Happy 5th Birthday Nicholas!!

Today is Nicholas' 5th birthday. We can hardly believe that he is 5 and that we have been parents for 5 years. What a blessing he is in our lives and we are grateful that we have the opportunity to raise him. He is a joy every day of our lives. Here are some pictures from the last 5 years (I could have posted hundreds) and then some from his celebration yesterday.

One day old.Arriving home.
Our first family photo.
Big smiles on his blessing day.
Near his 1st birthday. He was silly even back then.
Near his 2nd birthday. Helping me with laundry. Always has been a great little helper.
Near his 3rd birthday. I think he is getting sillier every year.
On his 3rd birthdayOn his 4th birthday
5th Birthday celebration

We celebrated Nicholas' birthday yesterday so we could do a few more things than we could on Sunday.

Waking up to streamers around the house.
Nicholas woke up before us and came and insisted that we get out of bed because he needed to open his presents on the table.
Checking out his cake. When I was cooking it on Friday he said to me, "Mom, that is not a square. I told you I wanted a square."
Another view of his Lego cake.
We gave him Wii Indian Jones Legos.
Playing his game with daddy.
Receiving a special nickel from Grandpa Ashton.
Opening presents last night with family.
Look at the joy on his face. He was so excited to get some fun new toys.
Blowing out his candles.
Eating cake and ice cream. We also got some Lego candies at the grocery store and all the cousins were having fun playing with them since they really stack together.
It was a fun day! We got to spend the whole day together as a family without anything else to do (which is very rare around here). We are grateful that Nicholas is a member of our family.

10 comments:

Shannon said...

I just got caught up on all of the fun events in the B house as of late; Ryan and I were cracking up at the exciting square cake, the Goliath, and Emilie's pants! I am so glad that you guys had a fun day as a family yesterday; I cannot believe that Nicholas was born FIVE years ago! That blows my mind...he looks exactly like himself (imagine that!) as a baby...so cool. It was fun to see the way he's changed in five years and to see his cute little personality (or I should say big personality) grow with him :). I love that cake idea; that is hugely clever---nicely done! Love you much.
shan

Diane said...

Happy, happy, happy, happy, happy birthday Nicholas!!!!! That cute little baby boy is becoming quite a handsome bigger boy. We think you are the very best five-year-old Nicholas in the whole wide world. Love you lots, Grandma and Grandpa

CL said...

Happy Birthday Nicholas! I can't believe your old enough to have a 5 year old- when did that happen? Love the cake Kim, even if it isn't square.

Kira said...

Happy 5th Birthday Nicholas!!! Looks like it was a good birthday, wish we could have been there to celebrate with him. 5 years has gone way too fast.
What a fun cake!

andrew and brittani said...

He's growing up so so much

Kayla said...

Happy Birthday to Nicholas! He's such a cute kid!!!

Katy said...

What a sweet, silly, amazing boy! I can't believe he is 5.

Matt and Melissa said...

It's so good to be back, and catch up on what is going on with you! I love all the pictures of Nichols from day one. It is so fun and amazing to see how they grow!

ryan + carly said...

kim! i miss you!! i love the pics of nicholas when he was so teeny tiny. and i'm really liking the underwear on his head {my little brother did that every single day when we were little...fond memories!} lol. love you lady. i know you miss our 4 hour meetings and accomplishing pretty much nothing because i couldn't stop talking :)

Megan B ♥ said...

Happy birthday!! It is crazy to me how very "Nicholas" he looks even as a new new newborn.