Faith is not what you demonstrate to get what you want--it is what you demonstrate no matter what you get.

“Stand as a Witness,” The Biography of Ardeth Green Kapp by Anita Thompson

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Latest Nicholas and Emilie Funnies

Nicholas:

Tonight after prayer, which was said by Nicholas, Shay said to him, "You forgot so and so and such and such." Nicholas' response: "They can pray for themselves!" A conversation ensued about why we pray for others.

My sister watched the kiddos the other night while we went to the temple. She made the kids oatmeal for dinner (chosen by the kids). Nicholas noticed while she was making it that she put salt in it, something mom doesn't usually do. She told him she was following the recipe. The oatmeal finished and sitting up to the table Nicholas takes his first bite. I guess he looked at Julianna wondering if he should say anything and then did. He said, "This tastes like swimming pool." Emilie didn't like it either, she took one bite and spit it out. The oatmeal was remade sans salt.

And one more. We found a way to entertain our almost 5 year old (in a week and a half, can you believe it, neither can we). He got some gobstoppers for Halloween and we explained to him that they change color and flavor in his mouth. He was completely excited to try these out. He started with one and was taking it in and out of his mouth checking to see the changes. I told him he needed to go in the bathroom and look in the mirror so he didn't get sticky hands. He paced the floor back and forth for probably 10-15 minutes looking to see when each one changed color. Once it changed color, out it popped and got laid on the table. He didn't realize they changed more than once.

Emilie:

A few nights ago I had tucked Emilie into bed. A few minutes later she came out to me and said, "Monsers coming to get me?" I told her that no, no monsters were coming to get her. I told her there were no monsters in our house and that if there were monsters coming to get her I wouldn't let them because she was mine. She then continued to find out if the "monsers" were going to come and get others in our family. So funny.

And one Emilie one from just now: She ran back out of bed (she is in a big girl bed now, that is a story for another night) and came to give Shay and I one more kiss. As she walked away, waving at us, she said: "Bye friends!: So cute!

4 comments:

andrew and brittani said...

I love the one about the swimming pool flavored oatmeal. haha

Shannon said...

These are all hilarious; it's hard to pick a favorite. The cuteness award goes to Emilie, for her "bye friends" bit. Melt your heart, I bet it did. And the belly laugh award goes to Nicholas for his insistence that "they can pray for themselves!" hahaha. I love it. Hey, I think it shows his ability to have confidence in others, you know? :) Thanks for sharing these; the oatmeal is great. What a perfect description. You guys wanna come spend a day with me? I am always in the mood for giggling.

Henderson Family said...

Your kids say the funniest things!!!

Megan B ♥ said...

I can't believe your Old Soul is not even 5 yet. Seriously?