Faith is not what you demonstrate to get what you want--it is what you demonstrate no matter what you get.

“Stand as a Witness,” The Biography of Ardeth Green Kapp by Anita Thompson

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Christmas at Our Home

Yes, we are still alive. It has been over a month since I have posted. I have wanted to several times, but just have not had a minute to do it. What have we been doing in the last month as we draw closer to Christmas?

The day after Thanksgiving we had the wonderful opportunity to go and see Savior of the World. It was wonderful! I want to start my Christmas season off with this every year.

We have decorated our home (pictures to follow the words).

We have read the Christmas story out of Luke 2 as a family and set up our nativities.

We have enjoyed several Christmas movies.

Shay and I had the opportunity to go to the Mormon Tabernacle Christmas concert. Yet another wonderful thing to participate in. Thanks Debbie for the tickets!

We went and saw this Christmas lights display.

Listened to lots of Christmas music!

And many more Christmas related things.

Not having to do with Christmas, but Shay has also finished another semester and ended with another 4.0. I couldn't leave that unsaid. He is working so hard in all that he is doing. I am so grateful for a husband that is doing all that he can to provide for our family. Now we get a few weeks to enjoy some time as a family!

Here is what our home looks like and helps us to enjoy this season of the year. We hope you are all enjoying this Christmas season as well.

Picture at top is of our snowflakes. This tradition started last year. We spend an evening (in Nicholas' case it was several times after as well) cutting out snowflakes together.

A little blurry, but still cute with Em by our tree.Our nativities. I love nativities and hope to one day have quite the collection. This is one my mom made for us.
This is one that was in Shay's home growing up.
One I received for my birthday from my parents.
And one painted by Shay's Grandma Bingham that we have inherited and I love it!
Nicholas' creation. He wanted to do something one morning and came up with the idea to put together a Santa Clause using little brads from a skeleton he had done at preschool. He drew all the pieces and then we assembled it together.
Up close to see the details. My favorite is that he has forehead wrinkles. He also has boots on. I love it. So creative!
Emilie was busy coloring as well and needed to have a picture as well.
More pictures to come soon when I have another minute today. For now, the kids are needing some attention.

6 comments:

CL said...

Your house looks so cute Kim- I love the paint on the walls it looks great. I think we had that same nativity as Shay growing up.

Kira said...

Fun Christmas Decorations! I love all the nativities. My Aunt and Uncle had all kinds of nativities and it was always fun going over to their house and looking at them all, what a great collection you've started.
We are excited to see you soon!

Matt and Melissa said...

Your house is decorated so cute. I love nativities as well and have started quite collection. Emily is sooo cute! She has such a cute little face! Merry Christmas!

Mindy said...

Very cute santa! I love all of your nativities too. Your home looks very festive!

daisy deb said...

lots of fun decor!

Megan B ♥ said...

Very very cute and Christmassy!! I can't believe what a big girl your Emilie is becoming!