Before I can move on to New Year posts, I need to finish up with December. So we'll start with things that brought us joy in December around our house. All of the pictures are of Emilie (minus one of Shay), but the videos at the bottom of the post include Nicholas as well.
Emilie found this handkerchief lying on the floor and was putting it on her head, so I just tied it on. She walked around for quite a while with it on. She even decided that mom needed to match her. She likes to match with others.
Emilie found this handkerchief lying on the floor and was putting it on her head, so I just tied it on. She walked around for quite a while with it on. She even decided that mom needed to match her. She likes to match with others.
This is actually from November, but I had to include it. Emilie is a monkey. We are trying to teach her that she cannot climb on the table. Trying is the operative word. One day I looked over from doing the breakfast dishes and this is what I saw.
I was in the kitchen doing something when I looked over to see this. I laughed so hard. I think he was mostly vacuuming like this because we can no longer switch our vacuum to the cleaning tools option. Time for Hector the Hoover to be replaced.
I love these next two pictures just because of the pure joy on Emilie's face. She thought that this piggyback ride from Kerstin was pretty great!
I had told Emile on this particular day that she would be going to Kerstin's house the next morning to play with Wm while I took Nicholas to the dentist. She didn't understand that it wasn't at that very moment and she was determined to go. She didn't have pants on because it was a day of trying to go to the potty and she just decided to go and put her boots on. She was ready to go just like this. 
The kiddos love to make each other laugh. They were truly laughing until I got out the camera, but this is cute as well, fake laughs and all.I cannot wait to show these to Nicholas when he's older. These videos make me giggle. As you can see I couldn't pick just one.
We have a CD that Shay made last year with Christmas music on it. This year I decided that there are way too many Neil Diamond songs on it. Not that Neil doesn't sing well, but it just seemed like there was too much Neil this Christmas for me. There was even one day that we had ended on a Neil song while listening here at home to go get in the car to a Neil song and then when we arrived at Shay's parents home there was a Neil song on. Anyway, the reason for this explanation is because this song Nicholas is dancing to is Neil's version of Santa Clause is Coming to Town. My favorite part of these is that he is totally watching himself in the t.v.
If you are wondering what Emilie is doing, she is running around saying either "My pants are burning or my buns are burning." I can't remember which it was and it sounds like both to me.
Next to come, Christmas party at Shay's parents and then Christmas. Then we can move on to the New Year!




2 comments:
I love your curtains that you've hung; those look so nice! Little Em is adorable with her handkerchief on. I love that picture of both you and her :); what pretty young ladies you two are! And seriously, I think Nicholas has a career in dancing. He has got some stellar moves (I think he learned them from his mother!). I love these videos! Ryan and I watched all three of them and were cracking up; I wish I could be that uninhibited! Who else would inspire such raw and free dancing other than Neal Diamond?
The handkerchief is awesome!
Post a Comment