What does our family have to look forward to this year:
*First off- our 7th Anniversary this Saturday. Can it really have been 7 years already? Time is flying. So much has been accomplished and experienced in the last 7 years. And we have grown in wonderful ways.
*Shay was offered and accepted a full-time position at the Art Institute. He will still be teaching 2 classes per term, but will also be advising students and helping them with registration. This will be a huge blessing to our family as we don't have to worry whether or not there will be any classes for him to teach. The only down side- we have gotten used to not having the normal 40 hour work week. We enjoyed being able to have Shay come home part way through the day. It will be an adjustment, but we can do it. Along with his work he will also still be going to school. He'll take the PCAT this year and apply for Pharmaceutical school. He is one busy guy!
*Emilie will be turning 3 in July. Can hardly believe that one either. She is so much fun to have around. She is soaking so many things in. Just yesterday she told me that she was "splitting it in half." She had a ribbon on her mid-foot and said that. Then in the tub last night she told me to come watch her row. I had no idea she knew what rowing was. Today she told me that the butterfly on her pants was on her backside. It always amazes me how these little ones soak things in and then use them in the ways they are supposed to be used.
*Nicholas will be going to Kindergarten. Yet another thing we can hardly believe. Now we just have to decide if we want to do public school or charter school for him. A decision that has to be made soon.
*I am looking forward to hopefully doing some sewing projects this year. For some reason I have an itch to make a quilt. I have found some very cute patterns online and could spend hours looking at fabric just online or in a store. And I fell in love with this when I saw it. I might just have to make it for a certain 3 year old's birthday.
*And last, but certainly not least we are looking forward to the birth of our 3rd baby! Due May 12th (original due date, but at the ultrasound HE was 5 days ahead of schedule. However, the Dr. is still going by May12th. That doesn't mean I have to though). Nicholas was the only one that thought it was a boy. I was certain it was going to be a girl because I have not been sick like I was with Nicholas. It has more been like how I was with Emilie, loss of appetite and a few nauseous days. I count it a blessing that I have not been sick. Emilie was adamant that it was a girl baby up until today when she finally told my sister that it was a boy baby in mom's tummy.
We took the kids with us to the ultrasound and it was so fun to have them there. Nicholas was so bright-eyed with the whole thing. He loved being able to see the bones and everything. Emilie wasn't nearly as intrigued, but it was still fun to have her along.
And if you care to see pictures of how my belly is growing, here they are (you can also see the progression of my hair growing, which desperately needs to be cut):
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
Looking Forward into 2010
Posted by Kim at 9:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




17 comments:
I'm SO happy that this year is going to be a great one for you guys! I love your pictures; you are such a beautiful mama! And you are right; I CAN see the progression in your hair, but it looks cute short and long, so you're good either way :). That's really cool that Nicholas and Emilie got to go to the ultra sound with you both. What a neat Baby boy #3 is one lucky little guy.
Sounds like this is going to be a great and exciting year for you! Congrats on another boy! This is going to be fun! WHEN can we get together??? Kinley is off track right now.
Oh, and I forgot to mention how awesome Shay's offer is-congrats! That is a huge blessing and a fabulous opportunity for him, as well. I'm really so happy for you guys!
WHOA!?! Did I miss a pregnancy announcment earlier?? CONGRATS! That is so very exciting! And way to go Shay. Grandma Parker had told me the news when I was visiting her over Christmas. That's very exciting too!!!
Sounds like you have a lot to look forward to this year =) Congratulations on the upcoming arrival of a new bundle of joy!
yea!! i've been waiting for this announcement from you. i knew it would happen soon. congratulations to you both on the baby news, shay's job, and all of the other fun things you have to look forward to this year!
You need a new shirt. I'm totally kidding. You look SOO cute as a pregnant girl. I am just glad that I'm not pregnant along with you or we wouldn't be able to ever be in the same room together. You look great!
Congratulations!! That is such wonderful news, and what an adorable baby he will be :)
Congrats! It sounds like 2010 is going to be a great year...full of exciting change. You look great!
Congratulations on all of the fun things that are going to be happening this year! And especially on one particular event! That is so exciting and you look absolutely awesome for being that far along! You really are a cute Mom! Congrats Kim!
What an exciting year coming up for you guys! Congratulations on the new baby! May is a perfect month to have a baby...just in time for summer! I can't wait to see what he looks like and see more updates. We should definitely get our kids together one of these days!
Lots of exciting news! Kindergarten- crazy. Exciting about a steady income but I hear you about missing flexible hours. Congrats on baby #3 too. I bet Emilie will be a great big sister to her new brother- he might even get some bows on his head!
Congrats! Somehow, I KNEW you were pregnant - just a feeling I had. Same thing happened with another friend of mine. May babies are the best! BOth my girls are born in May (the 12th and 20th). They come RIGHT before it gets too hot! Congrats on the new one! :o)
I still can't hardly believe your pregnant and already know what it is. But I guess I kind of can see that little baby belly. So fun!!! Congratulations!!!!
Congratulations that's so exciting!I'm impressed you kept it a secret for so long!!!:)
yesss! congrats kim. baby #3!!! you look adorable. miss you lady.
Kim- I missed this post...so congrats! I can't believe how little you look. I am looking quite big at 22 weeks. I had the ultrasound yesterday and I am measuring 2 weeks bigger and the baby is measuring about 5 days bigger. So we'll see. Did you guys have any names picked. we had a ton of girl names. Everyone was SURE it was a girl. I'm excited for you!
Post a Comment