Faith is not what you demonstrate to get what you want--it is what you demonstrate no matter what you get.

“Stand as a Witness,” The Biography of Ardeth Green Kapp by Anita Thompson

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Sunshine

Today while running errands, the sun was in Emilie's eyes in the car. As with anyone, she very much dislikes the sun being in her eyes and often cries when it is. I usually tell her that we will be turning soon (if we are) and that it will be out of her eyes. That was not appeasing her today so I told her that I couldn't move the sun, only Heavenly Father can do that (seems like I had a conversation like this with Nicholas when he was little). Nicholas then pipes up and says: "Sis, if I were the sunshine and you were sitting here in this car I would totally shine in your eyes." We busted up laughing because Nicholas is usually so sensitive and reassuring to Emilie, so this comment was so unlike him. He then said that if he was the sun and it was him sitting in the car he would shine in his eyes too. Funny kid.

Pictures from January coming soon. It has been a busy month from adjusting to Shay's new work schedule, me having my nose stuck in a good book, me planning a quilt for the baby, and all the usual's of every day life with kids. Oh, and not to mention our adeventures with goldfish. Details to come soon!

3 comments:

CL said...

Kids make me laugh!

Kira said...

Too funny! Hope everything is going well, and that Shay is liking his job.

Megan B ♥ said...

The funny thing is that Emilie probably does think that Nicholas is the sunshine. Or at least that he gets up in the morning to let it rise for her!

.... whatcha readin'?