Faith is not what you demonstrate to get what you want--it is what you demonstrate no matter what you get.

“Stand as a Witness,” The Biography of Ardeth Green Kapp by Anita Thompson

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Rest In Peace Fishies

Our big fish was meeting the end of his life today. I decided that instead of watching him and allowing him to suffer that I would just let him out of his misery. The other fish just happened to be in the same container as him and I figured he might be diseased too (I should also mention that he appeared to be a bit cannibalistic toward the end. That or he was turning into a kissing goldfish. Or just trying to annoy the bigger one by charging at him. I didn't want that type of creature in my home), so he met with the porcelain bowl as well. They had a good 3 month run at our home. I am sure they are on to better things and places.

As for me, I will never hear the end of the fact that I flushed one good fish with the bad fish. I told Shay I am willing to answer for my actions on the other side. Including talking with the good fish that I flushed and explaining to him why he had to go as well. I guess I better come up with something good.

Farewell fishies!!

(I just told Shay the title of my post, he said "rest in peace" more like CSI. He could have saved the 2nd ones life, but he never responded to the text I sent him letting him know of my intentions. (He may or may not have been on a conference call at the time, but that is not relevant).

For fun, the texts I sent to Shay:

"The big fish is going. Can I just flush them both?"

6 minutes later:

"Decision made. They are gone. I can hear them rejoicing now."

He had his chance.

10 comments:

Diane said...

Isn't that just about the same way Nemo got away? And yes, he was rejoicing! Kim welcome to the "[Oh, I] Flushed [it] Away" club:O

Brittney said...

Hah!! That is so funny!!!

Shannon said...

I think that secretly Shay ignored your first message so that he wouldn't have to have any guilt about the final outcome. Shay, I'm onto you!

Winters Outloud said...

Yay!

Kalli said...

Actually, fish can sense when others are dying, and the healthy will start attacking the weak, dying fish. Weird, but true.

And one time we had a puffer fish that was really sick. Nate took it out of the bowl, put a straw in its mouth, and started blowing. CPR. (Weird. Am I remembering this right?) So you didn't do everything you could to save those fish.

Marci Ward said...

Way to be the strong one and deal with the tragedy, rather than ignore the text...I think Shannon was right....Shay just didn't want to admit it was the best choice!

Megan B ♥ said...

Farewell, creepy critter.

Kayla said...

Ha! Sorry, but you and these fishies are just too funny!

andrew and brittani said...

It was his time to go!

andrew and brittani said...

It was his time to go!