Faith is not what you demonstrate to get what you want--it is what you demonstrate no matter what you get.

“Stand as a Witness,” The Biography of Ardeth Green Kapp by Anita Thompson

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Introducing...

Carter James Bingham

Wednesday, April 28th, 2010
7:33 p.m.
6 pounds 15 ounces
20 inches
Carter came a little earlier than expected (which we are not complaining about). I had been having some problems with itching for the past 2 weeks. After several blood tests and determining that my liver was probably functioning fine, I continued to itch all over (waking up at night scratching my legs raw was not fun). It got so bad that they gave us the option to go in and have an amniocentesis to check lung maturity. His lungs were mature enough so we were able to induce at 38 weeks. After 6 1/2 hours of labor he entered the world and into our family. He is such a joy to have and a very pleasant baby. He has thus far been very even tempered and does not cry much. We are very blessed to have this little one in our family.

Nicholas and Emilie have been doing very well adjusting to him. Emilie wasn't so sure when she visited in the hospital, but ever since we have been home she has been wanting to hold him and help with him. My favorite thing she said is, "I'll carry it to daddy." Referring to Carter as an it. Both of them are loving him so much already.

There will be more pictures coming soon I am sure!

And as you can see we were able to agree on one of the names (and it's not because it was the winner on the blog).

21 comments:

Shannon said...

Congratulations!! He is beautiful! Hope you are all doing well.

Jason Barker said...

Is Shay proud of him for doing "The Rock" eyebrow in the second picture?

Winters Outloud said...

I've been thinking about you! I figured he had come when I hadn't heard from you over the past couple of days. Baby Carter (love the name!) is darling and I think it that last photo he looks like Nicholas. Congratulations!!!!!!!!! I am sure you are feeling better now that you are no longer pregnant:) PS- We still haven't found a place to live, yet, so we will be around for another week or so.

CL said...

Congratulations Kim!! Just a day after your b-day :-) I hope he continues to be an even tempered guy and I hope he SLEEPS!! Wish we still lived close but we might be up in July- I'll keep you posted.

Matt and Melissa said...

He is cute and looks just like his older brother! Get feeling better soon!

Carrie said...

aww! i got a little teary-eyed looking at the pictures. happy family! congratulations.

is that true that he was born a day after YOUR birthday? i didn't know that. happy birthday to you too!

i finished my book if you feel like you want something to read in your freetime (although you might rather sleep).

Angela said...

Congratulations to everyone in your family! He is so cute (and I do love the name!). He definitely looks like a Bingham. Glad all went well!

Kira said...

He is very cute! I love all the pictures! Congratulations and welcome to the world Carter!

Shannon said...

I am doing all of this backwards! I should have come to your blog first, and then to facebook...I guess it would have answered all of my questions! He is so iddy bitty and cute! I love the new Carter James, and I'm so glad to hear that Nicholas and Emilie are loving him (it!) too :) Are you feeling good? I hope the itching has gone away; that would drive me nuts! So glad that all turned out. Six hours of labor isn't too shabby. Much love to you, my Kimberly friend.

Kayla said...

Hugest CONGRATS ever! He's darling!!

Megan B ♥ said...

Congratulations, guys! He is just darling! That smirk in the bottom picture looks a lot like big brother! I'm so happy that he is here safe and sound and even a few weeks early. He's beautiful and you look great!

Julie said...

He is so darling! I'm just so glad that everything went well, and that everyone is adjusting so well! What a relief that everything is good! I can't wait to meet him!

Diana said...

Congrats! He is so cute! You look great too! I love the picture of Emilie just looking at Carter, so cute!

Kristalyn said...

COngratulations! What a beautiful little boy! I'm glad you were able to have him early, that's always nice. Enjoy him!

daisy deb said...

He's beautiful!! Looks a lot like Nicholas! I am so excited for you! I miss how little Scott was already, he's now 15.5 lbs....it goes too fast as always!! love yas!

Brittney said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Kim, you even look cute in the hospital!!! Yeah sorry that we up and ditched you guys!!! If you had told me you were going to the hospital I might have said good-bye and probably wouldn't have accidentally called your husband while you were there! oops. So sorry about that. We sure will miss you guys. Carter is such a hansome little guy. He looks like your other kids (although, it is kind of hard to tell when they're babies). Nicholas looks like such a proud big brother and I bet Emilie will be a great helper. Take care and rest up.

Marci Ward said...

Hooray! He is darling and Love the name! You look like it was a pretty good labor and I hope you are feeling better. I was totally suprised that you had him already and had pictures up. I hope it continues to go well with three. He is darling. Congrats!

andrew and brittani said...

Congrats on your new baby boy!! I'm so happy for you.

Katy said...

Congrats! He is a cutie! I am glad things went well and that you can stop itching! Well hopefully. ;)

Justin and Lindsay said...

Congrats Kim! He is adorable!!! Can't wait to meet him!

Devri said...

He is SO cute and handsome! CONGRATS! Glad to hear he is healthy. I love his name. :-)

I had the same problem with itching with Bria. I would itch for hours at night until I bled. I'm so sorry you had to deal with that! You look so pretty in the pictures. I don't k now how you could have just given birth! :-)

Hope you are getting some rest!