Faith is not what you demonstrate to get what you want--it is what you demonstrate no matter what you get.

“Stand as a Witness,” The Biography of Ardeth Green Kapp by Anita Thompson

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

New Pictures Coming Soon

All 238 pictures are off the camera. Now I have to go through them and figure which ones I want to post (probably all of them). I hope to be back soon with them. Our internet is being slow pokey, so I'm hoping when I do get around to posting them it will be running faster.

Here are a few tidbits from the last couple of weeks:

*Carter is now 5 weeks old. Where does time go? I cannot believe he is over a month. Looking at the pictures as I downloaded he has already gotten bigger. Makes me sad, but I'll be okay. He has to get bigger, I just wish the newborn stage lasted a little big longer.

*Emilie is saying some of the cutest things lately. Like the night she was supposed to be going to bed, but instead was laying on the hallway floor, on her stomach with her head in her hands staring at me as I nursed Carter and saying, "Are you sinking (thinking) what I'm sinking?" Or the fact that she follows almost all of her sentences with "or something" and realizing it is because I say that sometimes. Or today at the park when she was jumping off of the playground equipment she said, "That was amazing." And then tonight at dinner she said to us, "When I get bigger I can jump on Nicholas' bed. And I can jump off of it." Which brought on a conversation about not jumping off the top bunk, which we wouldn't put past our fearless daughter.

*Nicholas went in for his "interview" for kindergarten to show them what he knows. I prepped him by telling him they just wanted to see how smart he was. He did awesome. I was so proud of him. He told me he was scared at first, but then he was fine. I hope that it is that easy dropping him off for school in the fall.

*I'm getting scared to drop him off at school. Have we prepared him enough for the real world?

*I have a new addiction...Pop Tarts. Something has to replace chocolate for me. I should never have tried them. Never had them growing up, but now I love them. I thought my favorite flavor was Strawberry until I tried Brown Sugar Cinnamon. I may even hide that box from the kdis. The grocery store needs to stop having them on sale for $1.38. Do they count as a food storage item?

*Shay is busy, busy studying. Only taking one class this summer and is grateful he is. Organic Chemistry is proving to keep him busy. Glad he dropped Microbiology.

*I think I had more medical transcription work in the lat 5 weeks then they have ever sent me. I finally got caught up on it after working for 5 hours in one day. Now it is a piece of cake when they send me my work because I'm not back logged.

*It is fun watching the kids with their little brother. Nicholas rubs his head when he is upset and it helps him to stop crying. Emilie loves to get his bink and put it in his mouth for him. She is always asking, "where is mine baby brother?"

*We are enjoying going out in the sunshine.

*We are happy, healthy and enjoying having another member in our family.

Pictures to come soon!!!

7 comments:

Katy said...

Sounds like life is treating you well. I feel the same about my baby growing up too fast. I am NOT okay with it...especially knowing this is our last baby. It makes it so hard.

Megan B ♥ said...

Oh, those pesky cinnamon brown sugar ones. They are so evil...

Love the update!!

Brittney said...

It sounds like things are going well. I think it would be way harder to do what you do and go on and off chocolate every time you had a baby!!! Way to go.

Carrie said...

little carter is just so cute and handsome. he seems like he's growing so fast to me, too.

and oh! the brown sugar cinnamon pop tarts? i love those, too. yum!

Winters Outloud said...

New pictures coming soon? As is 2012 or what??? Get on it, girl! Not like you don't have anything else to do:) Oh, and come and see us sometime soon.

Marci Ward said...

So glad things are going well. Can't wait to see more pictures of you new little guy. Our little man will be 4 weeks tomorrow! I can't even handle how fast it is going by. I wish they would stay little for longer...but at the same time it is good to see them gaining weight and smiling and all the fun milestones. I wish we lived closer so that Carter and Matthew could be friends (and our other kids too!) Glad you are doing well. Sure do miss you.

Marci Ward said...

I'm sorry this took so long, but you had asked about the color of our halls...it is Benjamin Moore: Waynesboro Taupe. You probably already painted whatever it was you wanted the color for, sorry.