At lunch today Nicholas and Emilie were fighting back and forth. I had had enough of it and I said to them, "If you can't stop fighting I will invite to go to your room." Nicholas without even having to think very long said back, "Well that doesn't mean we have to go because it is only an invitation and we can say no." How could I not laugh at that. He is quick witted that kid.
Tonight for dinner was leftovers, Taco Soup. Shay, Kim and Carter = fans. Nicholas and Emilie = not fans. So in an effort to actually nourish my children I was looking for an alternative for Nicco and Em (something I don't do regularly, usually the rule is you have to eat what mom makes). So I looked in the freezer to see what we had and saw turkey burgers (which we have had in the past and the kids loved). Here is the conversation that ensued between Nicholas and I:
Mom: Do you two want a turkey burger for dinner?
Nicholas (in his "you tricked us" voice): You didn't tell us those were turkey burgers?
Mom: Errrrr, I mean "who wants a burger (that's what we referred to them before)?" and following with, "the only thing you need to remember is that you liked them, don't think about the fact that they are turkey.
They both had one and enjoyed them a second time.
And a cute little something from Emilie:
Last week her pink blankie was needing to be washed. I told her I needed to figure out what I was going to wash "her" with. She came to me after a while and asked what I was going to wash her with. I told her that I would probably wash her with mom's and dad's white laundry and she said, "But that will make her white." I assured her that she would definitely stay pink.
Monday, March 7, 2011
Moments to Remember
Posted by Kim at 9:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I'm glad to know my kids aren't the only ones who argue. Cute kids!
So funny!
Your kids are SOOO funny! I love it! And it was lots of fun today just chatting out in the nice weather! You are amazing Kim! Thanks for being my friend :)
Post a Comment