
I think my blog is way past due for an update. So here goes. The above picture was taken on Nicholas' first day of 1st grade. He has had a bit of a struggle going to 1st grade, but is starting to enjoy it and making lots of friends. He wasn't excited about the fact that it was going to be twice as long as kindergarten. He did tell me however, that he is excited for homework this year. He is playing soccer again this year and is on a team with his friend from kindergarten. It is fun to see the progress that has been made over the last three years. They are finally starting to get the concepts and aren't just in a little huddle running down the field. They are starting to take positions. Nicholas continues to be a curious little guy.

Looks like Carter is ready for school too. He thought he was hot stuff walking around with Nicholas' backpack on. This little guy loves his big brother and every day we go to pick him up attacks him with a great big hug. He says a few words one of them being his form of Nicholas which just sounds like an -as sound. He also says: hello, uh-oh (which is my favorite), mama and dada (sometimes), and this morning he said bross (gross) after I said it. He understands so much of what we are saying. Whenever we say it's time to get shoes on he runs to gets his shoes and then sits down on the floor waiting for us to put them on. He LOVES going outside. He is starting to be quite the tease. He knows just how to push Nicholas and Emilie's buttons. He loves to go and grab a toy they are playing with and take off running. I think it is so funny, his siblings do not. Carter is starting to show a lot of preferences and when he does not get to do what he wants he throws some big fits. His cute times far out weigh those fits which is good. He is such a fun little guy to have around. He keeps us smiling.


Sorry, the pictures are kind of random. This is what Nicholas came home from school yesterday looking like. His eye had a run in with another kids head on the playground. Luckily they had called me and warned me that he would be coming home with a black eye. I didn't think it would be this bad, but it's quite the shiner.

Emilie is now 4-years-old. She and I get to spend a lot of time together now that Nicholas is at school. I think she is enjoying the solo time. She keeps me busy playing toys, dancing to music, working on her ABCs, riding her bike (which she absolutely loves), and whatever else she can think of. I have decided not to do a formal preschool for her this year and instead she and I will do some activities each week and then make sure we have play dates so that she gets to play with other kids. She is growing up so fast. She is starting to say so many fun things and it is fun to see how her mind is working. She has just recently gotten to the princess stage. She is loving everything princess lately.

Here is a cute picture of Carter with his bink in. The one below is what he looks like when we take it away. I am not sure what we are going to do when we have to take it away for good. He is very addicted to it. I think he and I will both need therapy.

Huge updates for Shay. I am not sure that I have ever updated about his schooling. He did get accepted to the school he wanted to, Roseman University (it is an extension campus of University of Southern Nevada that is here in Utah, they recently changed the name to Roseman). Along with the Pharmacy program they offer an MBA program as well. We debated long and hard about whether he should do that along with his pharmacy program. We ultimately decided that it would give him more of an edge in the end, so we went for it. That program runs for 6 weeks each summer during his schooling and is quite intense. Each class runs for two weeks and they told them that if they miss one day it is like missing 9 days of a regular college course. We are hoping and praying he doesn't get sick for the next 3 years because this is how a lot of his pharmacy program is too.
So he started that in July. And then he started his pharmacy program this past Monday. We are readjusting to his schedule, but it is going well.
Every other Friday for the next year he will be getting pharmacy experience at the Macey's pharmacy. We were very excited that they picked that pharmacy for him. He can walk and be there in 2 minutes. Here he is this morning going in for his first day.

Doesn't he look so official. I think so!
I don't have any recent pictures of me to post, I'm usually the one behind the camera. I am busy keeping up with everyone else. I spend my days taking care of the kiddos which I love. They are so much fun! I love watching them learning and growing. I continue to do my medical transcription work as well. They have kept me very busy through the month of August. I have also been enjoying reading lately. I don't have a lot of time to do it, so I have to sneak time in which is usually late at night after everyone else had gone to bed. I am currently reading two books side by side. Mostly I have been reading The Help, but I am also in the middle of 1776. I have also gotten addicted to the website Pinterest. Now I just need to start doing all of the crafts and projects I find on there.
Well there's the update. I hope to be able to be a little better about posting. I cannot guarantee anything though. Usually by the end of the day and after I get done working I want nothing to do with the computer.
I do have some other pictures I want to post though like pictures of Carter's finished quilt and some others from the summer.
7 comments:
Yay! Even though I just talked to you, it was fun to see the pictures to go with it. And Scott was shocked at Nicholas eye. Haha!
Fun to see an update. We're totally up for play dates, so let's get together some time! :)
hooray for updates! So glad the first week of school went well for EVERY one(minus the black eye):)
So nice to read the updates. Miss you!!!
Fun to see updates! I figured Emily wouldn't be joining us at preschool, but just wanted to let you know we'll miss her. :)
Its going to be fun to see Shay in the clubhouse running AND at Maceys AND at church AND in the neighborhood! All over the place! :)
Great update Kim! I can't believe that black eye- wow-wee. So exciting Shay gets to work so close to home!
It sounds like you're a busy bunch!!! Good luck with everything.
Post a Comment