Faith is not what you demonstrate to get what you want--it is what you demonstrate no matter what you get.

“Stand as a Witness,” The Biography of Ardeth Green Kapp by Anita Thompson

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Catch Up

I'm playing catch up on putting pictures up on my blog. And this is only the beginning. All of these pictures are owns from the last bunch of pictures to come off the camera. As I was uploading these on to here, I just took MORE pictures off my camera. And there are some fun ones to share, including videos. So maybe I'll get to those later tonight or sometime in the first part of this week (after I do some work for Shay). So here we go on the last bunch....

Before I get started...I have to add that Emilie is now crawling. She is on the move. She figured it all out on Thursday of this past week. She hasn't gone long distances yet, but she will make her way across the floor gradually. I'm just waiting for her to follow me into another room. I was thinking Nicholas would love it when she started crawling so she could chase after him, but we're not to that point yet. Right now he doesn't really like that she can get to him and what he is doing. He usually asks me to put her somewhere else. We're working on helping him to understand that she is going to move now and if he doesn't want her to get something, he's going to need to move it so she can't or just be happy that she is wanting to be by him and play with him.

Oh and there are two new Nicholas quotes over on the side. Silly kid.

When Emilie was born, my mom gave me two of my dresses that I wore when I was little and here Emilie is in one of them. I'm not sure if we got pictures of her in the other one...she's too big for it now (maybe not though, I might have to try putting her in it just for pictures). There is a picture at the bottom of me wearing this same dress.
She looks like she's deep in thought in this picture. I can't get past how big and blue her eyes are. I always love pictures where she's just staring straight into the camera.
I had to include this not only because of her funny face, but to me it looks a little like she is standing up. Just made me chuckle.
Emilie's eight month pictures. I didn't include the far away shot for comparison with the rest. This has been a little more difficult with Emilie because the minute I sit her in the chair she leans forward. It seems with Nicholas that he would at least sit still for just a minute.
And a scrapbook page with two of my favorites:
Credits: "Olivia Collection" kit by Shabby Princess,
Template by Racketty Scrappety,
Font is Digs My Heart from www.kevinandamanda.com/scrapbook/fonts/.

We took care of William one night so Kerstin and Joel could go to the temple and Nicholas and him were playing their macaroni trumpets at dinner. William came up with the idea and Nicholas followed along.

More cute bath time photos. Nicholas styling Emilie's hair. I have memories of my mom shaping our long hair while the shampoo was in it. Emilie's hair is quite long enough yet, but it's a start.
A cute little smile from a darling little girl.
Mischievous smile.
My two boys. Nicholas LOVES to spend time with dad, so when dad was laying on the couch, he just had to be under the blanket with him.
This is kind of a crazy picture to end on, but oh well. This was Nicholas right before bed one night. He was doing crazy stuff with his hands and face obviously. Shay says this is scary like the vampires on "I am Legend."

7 comments:

Diana said...

Hi Kim! I'm so glad that I found your blog through Cheryl-lynn's. Your kids are so cute!

ryan + carly said...

kim! your page is so cute. you will definitely have to show me how to do this. i love emilie's hair in the bath tub...so cute!!! love ya.

ryan + carly said...

-oh and i forgot to mention how much i love those quotes by nicholas. very cute.

Megan B ♥ said...

Ok, let's see:

#1 -- I myself can NEVER get past how big and blue (and lovely) her eyes are!

#2 -- LOVE the page, LOVE that Olivia kit, and those spitting lips are fab :) And Dora sneaking out :)

#3 -- I like the intent look on Nicholas' face while he's rubbing her hair. Kinley just came in and laughed at Emilie's spikey hair and wanted to go through all the pics :)

Katy said...

I have taken a few pictures of Kylie in my old dresses. I think it is a fun tradition. I love the picture of Emilie with her hair styled, in the tub!

m@R(! said...

your pages are so cute!! Emilie's eyes are sooo blue..what good models you have to work with.

AJ and Cindy said...

I love the bath time pictures! Those are priceless! You're kids are SO cute